It's Time to Join Us
Find out how you can become part of this movement
After School Programme
The ASP is our flagship programme and takes place Tuesdays-Thursdays at 3:00pm-5:00pm. We play small sided football games for an hour based on the Football3 methodology, then we attend age appropriate classes; for our reading sessions and character lessons. The participants are challenged and given the opportunity to implement the character lessons that they have been taught or display character traits like Fairness, Resposibility etc. during the small sided football games. There is no referee so participants have to resolve their differences during the match as quickly as possible, as no additional time will be added if the problem cannot be resolved..
In School Programme
Our ISP (In School Program) takes place annually at five schools in Eldorado Park. It is an 11 week program our focus is character education, and it impacts 1500 participants. There is a demand for us to work in the other surrounding schools as well as to increase our contact sessions at the schools we are currently working in. However the team is aware of their capacity and acknowledges that they have to work according to the initial goals and objectives in order to achieve optimal results. We would like to expand our program to the entire community and surrounding communities in the next five years so that we can reach and shape the more of our youth, and lead them to be citizens of character.
Infinity Reading Programme
The Infinity Reading Program Takes place duriing our ASP (After School Program) and is focused on improving the participant's reading skills as well as improving their literacy. We also conduct intial reading assessements, and assessments on a monthly basis. The reading program divides particpants into their age groups and provides them with grade level reading and studying marterial. These class sessions takes place on a weekly basis. We are also hosting our first spelling B on the 13 July 2016. It will be hosted at The Goal Legacy Park from 9:00am-1:00pm
We conduct five major assessments annyually, each one is unique but the overall purpose is to monitor the growth and development of every participant. The Initial assessment allows us to have an Idea as to which level the participant is at and then we class them according to the grade level they achieve after these assesments.
Our Pathway to change
- HEAD: To know the Good
- HEART: To Care about the Good
- Hands: To Do the Good.
- The Goal simply uses five aside football games to facilitate Character Development, inspire a love for Reading and Encourage Healthy Lifestyles amongst chidlren and youth. We carry this out through our After School Programme, In School Porgramme and Holiday Programmes.
Why we started
- We realized that with out deliberate and intentional interventions our children and youth are at risk.
- Young people and children have the power to change the world.
- We believe in the power of football and structured , innovative programming.
- We would like to encourage and advocate for the implementation of character education in all our schools.
- We care about our society, country and world and we want to contribute toward a better life.